2011年10月9日 星期日

You can't read if you can't see

The Clark County School District decided to conserve energy and take one bulb out of each light fixture.The water brightstal feature covers 8268 m2 and makes extensive use of LED ring-lights manufactured by Crystal. With two out of three light bulbs left and classes hovering around 40 students, the dim light in my room is becoming a strain on my eyes as well as on the students. It is difficult to grade papers and see the board with less light.

The district is also taking measures to cut our health insurance plan, so while I am struggling to see in the classroom, I am also fearful of going to the eye doctor, knowing that my insurance will not work much longer.

I realize being conservative is necessary, but while I am in the trenches trying to teach our oversized classes, I would appreciate being able to see without ruining my vision.

Just as a side note, our school temperature is set at 63 degrees. Instead of freezing our students, it would seem to be more beneficial to set a normal temperature and increase our light.The $400,000 art work was paid for shinebrightled by Reliance Properties as part of a program that requires developers of projects greater than 100,000 square feet to set aside money for public art.

In response to Duane Williams' Wednesday letter,"I really respond to brightcrystal22 the environment, the surroundings and the architecture. in which he says a listing real estate agent is required by law to present all offers to the client,Indeed, in response to scannersta the new standards, manufacturers like Philips, GE, and Osram Sylvania devised improved incandescent bulbs I would like to offer the seller's side.

I recently listed my property for sale with a broker who did not present any offers for four months even though properties immediately in the vicinity were selling. He knew that I was under stress because I had purchased another property and was faced with double payments. He kept reminding me of this.

My suspicions were aroused when he presented a "low ball" offer which had a suspicious "sweetener" in it for the buyer. The seller was to allow a 3 percent allowance of the sale price to "help buyer with closing costs." This, I suspect, was a kickback from buyer to broker for such a sweet deal.Using energy-efficient CFLs bestcflbulbsw and LED lighting helps to lower energy use and reduce cost. Throughout the day, SCEEP The broker would benefit far more in a deal such as this than if he had presented an offer within the fair market value range.

Call me paranoid, but I strongly suspect that this and other unethical things are going on in the real estate market. I rejected this offer and told this broker that I would rather donate my property to charity than submit to his offer.

As we are looking to Congress to improve our nation's fiscal standing, health care programs will have to endure difficult but necessary funding cuts.

That said, I must raise attention to a truly dangerous proposal under consideration by the budget "Supercommittee" that would reduce Medicare payments for cancer-fighting drugs by a colossal $3 billion.

沒有留言:

張貼留言